What is the universe expanding in to?

Where the hell are we?

Monday 21 November 2011

'To be Free.' Discuss.

I absolutely can't stand people who look down on you. Not physically (which is all the time anyway for me) but people who are arrogant. What I believe is that it is the people who are the most arrogant who don't succeed. People who are modest, who accept their failure and seek improvement are the ones who succeed more. And I'm not talking world leaders or the wealthiest people alive. But those who, at the verge of death, think back to their life and say to themselves, 'I did all that I wanted to do- I am satisfied'. I think.. if you want to be satisfied with your life, you've gotta accept what you've been given, and if you don't, you've gotta change it for the better, before that chance is taken.

Sometimes it's scary how you can live your life and you never know when you're gonna die. And I get worried that my life could end so suddenly, and I didn't get to do all that I wanted to...

Which brings me to another point: Education. It seems so stupid, because if someone dies before they have met the 'legal age' of 18, they wouldn't have legally been able to experience all that they could have. And all those years in education could be seen as such a waste.. they could have been seeing the wonders of the world, or spending time on tracing their family background or whatever. But about 30 hours a week, give or take, of our adolescent lives are in a sense, wasted on an education that we may not have wanted. Don't get me wrong, I know there are loads of people out there who enjoy education, they find it very interesting (maths, science etc.), as do I. But for those who don't.. some automatically classify them as 'chavs' or 'slackers' but they just want to live their lives differently. It's seen as abnormal to not want to go to school or to be educated, but why the hell should it be? (For all we know,) We only have one life.

But then, because of society and the economy, a lack of education makes it extremely difficult to do all that we want to do, because we have to earn money- meaning we have to get a job (except for the odd 100,000 of us who have won the lottery). It's frustrating, because I think everybody deserves to see the world, and do what they want to do in their lives. Except for the obvious criminals and evil dictators and others who don't deserve it.

There's just no obvious answer or method where everybody can get everything they want out of life. We can never be totally free- there will always be a mental or physical boundary holding us back.


But then I guess there are lots of people who are completely satisfied with their life- usually the non-arrogant ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment